Our homeschool program is a great place for your child to explore rock climbing, learn the fundamentals, or continue to develop their climbing skills in a supportive environment! Our curriculum starts with an introduction to rock climbing; tying a figure 8 knot, climbing etiquette, and movement basics. As the year progresses, lessons will cover more in-depth ideas such as: specific climbing mechanics, advanced footwork techniques, mobility training, as well as a mind-body connection.
Climbing has many benefits and provides necessary skills for children, specifically:
- Demonstrating competency in motor skills and movement patterns needed to perform a variety of physical activities.
- Applying movement concepts, principles, strategies, and tactics specific to learning and performing physical activities.
- Demonstrating the knowledge and skills to achieve and maintain a health-enhancing level of physical activity and fitness.
- Participating in and understanding the benefits of regular physical activity.
- Exhibiting responsible personal and social behavior that respects self and others.
Climbing teams provide young athletes with a strong, process-oriented community that values personal growth, embraces learning opportunities, and rewards hard work and commitment.